Tuesday, September 9, 2008
After Surgery
So I had surgery yesterday at around 3:30 in the afternoon. They got me all registered took my weight, made me pee in a cup, tested my blood to see if I was anemic, blood pressure, and lots of paperwork. After that I got into my hospital attire and we waited for the anaesthesiologist to come in. While we waited seinfield was on and that was good cause I was nervous so it made me forget about the surgery. Well finally that guy came in and put the iv in. We went down to the operating room and they had me lay on the table and then I could smell this stuff and I was out. I woke up feeling really weird and thirsty. Chris said he walked in right when I woke up, he said when he walked in my eyes were open and I was staring off somewhere. I remember waking up and Chris was sitting next to me. The surgery only took about 30 minutes and I did really well. When they went in they found a permanently inflamed piece of tissue so they just took it out and it went smoothly. Well we went home and Chris went and got me my pain meds and some food cause I was hungry. I couldn't eat that whole day or drink anything which stunk, oh well. He got me food and then I took a loritab and conked out until around 9. I woke up and was up until 11:30, then we went to bed but I had a hard time falling asleep. I don't have a lot of pain, which is nice, I take my pain meds every 4-6 hours so it makes me loopy, tired and a little naucious. Well that is the most of it, I have a week off to recover and then I will go back to work on Monday. Thanks for everyone thinking of me and all of your well wishes. Love you all!!!!
My knee all bandaged up and with ice on it.
Don't I look so happy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
I am so glad everything went so well. Thanks for the text! I hope they were able to get all the ickies out!
I hope your knee heals quickly, and hopefully that took care of the problem. Let me know if you need anything! It was fun to stop by and see you tonight, I love having you soooo close!
Love the hospital socks, so in fashion now! Glad things went well. Hope the healing is fast. Keep doped up, because life is just more fun that way, right?
I am glad that you are doing better! So are you going to have abrace or something?! Crutches? Wheelchair?? I hope you are feeling really great when you go back to work & are no totally misserable!
*next time we get together, maybe I will bring some Angel food cake and strawberries!! YUMMY
PS FEEL BETTER! And I too Love the socks!
I am so glad that everything went well! What a sweet caring hubby you have!! Feel better!!
We have been thinking of you! I am so glad that you are feeling good! Hope that this helps you feel better
I am glad that things went well and I hope that you recover well. Make your hubby pamper you!
Hope you have a quick recovery! Any you do look surprisingly happy after surgury- I know I never looked happy after any of mine:)
Yay, it's over!! I'm so glad it went so well. I had one of those exact same ice packs myself from my surgeries. Take it easy and I hope the surgery makes it so you NEVER have to have you knee drained EVER again!
I swear I left a comment saying I am glad things went well and hope your recovery goes smooth also...but to add to that comment, I am writing back regarding your comment to me too, :)...I am excited too...He doesn't really want the open house but as his mom says to him "This is NOT about what YOU want, this is ALL about what LAURIE wants!" hehe. I think he'll have fun, besides it is just going to be at his parents house, not anything super fancy :)....and Maybe I'll get to meet your hubby too :).
Those knee surgeries can be pretty intense! Hope you have a quick recovery!
I'm glad it went well and that you're feeling so good. That's great! See you later today. Ü
Okay, not many people's legs/ankles can look as sexy as yours in those blue slippers! I say hang onto 'em, girlfriend. Those seriously look good on you, I'm not even kidding.
Well the frustrating thing about all of this is time, I guess? Here's to a quick heal! I am glad you had a week off, I bet you were happy. Either that or bored out of your mind.
My goodness what happened to you knee? It looks like it hurts.
I am so gald that you found us and hopefully other than your knee all is going great?
Thank you for the comment about our sweet boy. We are totally happy with him. He is a great boy. :)
WOW THAT LOOKS LIKE FUN...haha jk
Its good to see you on here. Guess
what you are at work right now...i see you good job for being here.jk
Hope everything is going well!!!
I'm so glad it went smoothly for you!! You were really loopy on those drugs it was so funny to get your texts!!! I was going to respond back to some but I thought I better leave this for another day she might not remember me asking what in the world you meant. It was so funny. I was getting half messages and some did not make any sense!!! Awesome!! I love you! :)
Post a Comment