With Breanna I was going to the doctor’s office once a week for the last 6 weeks before she was born, because I had to have non stress tests and also see my doctor to see if she was growing normal. She was doing good and my doctor decided we would induce me close to my due date, but he didn’t want me to go past my due date at all. We scheduled to have me induced on the 14 of April. The week before when I saw him he was a little worried because she was measuring a little bit smaller but not to much, he decided to have me come in on the 11 and he would do an ultrasound and also a non stress test to make sure she was still growing good, if things were not good then he was going to have me be induced on the 11th. I was a little nervous because I didn’t want there to be problems like there was with Makenna. I went in on that Monday with everything ready to go in case they kept me, I was hoping they wouldn’t because my doctor was going out of town that afternoon and wouldn’t be back until Wednesday night. Well everything looked good with her and my levels were all normal so we were all set to go on Thursday. They called me Wednesday night and let me know they would call me anywhere between 5 and 9 the next morning. Chris’s parents took Makenna for us that night so we wouldn’t have to worry about getting her to them in the morning, it was nice to relax that night without having to worry about kenna. I actually didn’t really relax though, I was really nervous about giving birth again and wondering if she was going to be big or small like kenna. I probably only got three or four hours of sleep that night and woke up around 4 in the morning. I was having diarrhea so that was keeping me from sleeping and my stomach was in knots, not fun, and I also threw up which wasn’t pleasant. A little before 6 I had a little bowl of cereal and then I went to walk up the stairs and the hospital called to say I needed to be there at 7:15. I got in the shower and did my hair cute and my makeup, even though I felt like crap. Chris took forever to get ready and so we didn’t get there until 7:30, I was a little upset with him cause I don’t like to be late. We got there and got checked in, they took us to my room and I got changed into my gown and then they got my iv in and started my pitocin around 8 am. I was feeling good but getting hungry and couldn’t eat anything which was frustrating so I had to stick with sprite, water and ice chips. My mom came to the hospital to keep us company and so did Chris’s mom, it was great to have them there. I got my epidural pretty quick because the doctor was going in for a c-section and they didn’t know how long he would be in there so I got my epidural when I was only dialated to a 1 plus. Well we pretty much just hung out the whole morning and I was progressing slowly but I knew it wouldn’t take that long. I started to feel sick again, so I threw up which was not fun again, and then I started to feel my contractions and I was in some pain so they got the doctor in to up my dose. They came to check me at around 4 cause I was starting to really hurt and I was feeling like I could push. Well I was finally to a 10 around 4:30 or so and so I was ready to push, well it took only about an hour of pushing before she came out. It was different pushing her out because she was longer and bigger so I could feel her moving down up at the top of my stomach when I would push. She was born at 5:27 p.m., weighing 6lbs 10 oz and 21 inches long, that is what I weighed when I was born and I was the same amount in inches, it is so crazy. She started to breathe after she came out which I was so grateful for and she was able to come to me and lay on my chest right after, compared to kenna where they had to rush her to the nicu. She did so well and was perfectly healthy. I was so hungry after so my parents were so cute, they went and got me a pretzel from the mall cause I was craving one. We hadn’t told anyone what her name was going to be yet so when my parents and chris’s parents were there we told them. I started to cry while we told them because we gave her the middle name of Sue after Chris’s mom, because she means so much to us. Chris’s dad brought kenna to see her sister for the first time that night and Kenna didn’t really want anything to do with her and wouldn’t come to me because I had an iv in me and probably looked scary, she just wanted scott or daddy. It was fun because chris got to give her her first bath right in the room with me watching, which was cool to see since I didn’t see kenna have her first bath. The next day Chris’s brought kenna back to visit and also my mom and sister came and by that time Kenna wanted to see her sister and be with mommy. While we were in the hospital we also took some oppurtunities to go eat in the café downstairs and leave breanna in the nursery, it was so nice to just have some time with ourselves. We stayed in the hospital until Saturday afternoon, Chris’s parents had her most of the whole time we were in the hospital and kept her most of Saturday and then brought her home to us. She has done really well with having her sister around, she is still adjusting to not getting all the attention but it isn’t horrible. We love having our two girls and glad they are both healthy.
 |
| Going Home |
 |
| My niece Cheristy holding Breanna |
 |
| M holding her sister for the first time |
 |
| Big Yawn |
 |
| Covering her face, it was too bright |
 |
| Picking out a bow for sister |
 |
| Daddy giving B her first bath |
 |
| M watching daddy |
 |
| She wasn't liking her bath so much |
 |
| Me holding my little B for the first time |
 |
| Welcome Breanna Sue, 6 lbs 10 oz, so cute |
 |
| At the hospital ready to go and get hooked up to have baby B. |
3 comments:
Wow! I'm glad that everything went more smoothly for you this time! She's beautiful!
Oh Congrats!! She's beautiful and you're looking remarkable for just having a baby! :) I'm so happy for you guys!
Hooray! I'm glad it went well. And glad she made it here safely. :)
Post a Comment