Saturday, July 18, 2009

Update on Our Lives with the Little One

My sister in law Dani took some pictures of her, they turned out
adorable.
My little smiley girl
We think she belongs in the movie Zoolander
she totally has the Magnum face. It cracks me up.
She loves her bath time, hates it when I
take her out.
At the Zoo for the first time


So the last couple of weeks have been crazy, fun, sleep deprived, interesting and all other sorts of things but I LOVE IT!!! I love being a mommy to this adorable little girl. I am so grateful she came to us and is a sweet little angel. It is so much fun to watch her grow and to see her start to discover the world around her. I am grateful that I can stay at home with her and be there for all that is going on. Just a little update when she went to her two week appointment she weighed 6 lbs 3 ounces, that means she had gained almost two lbs in two weeks, that's our girl. She is healthy and happy. They had to do the PKU test where they prick there heel and then squeeze out the blood, it was so sad I cried during the whole thing, it was pathetic. At her two month appointment they will do her shots and I told Chris he has to come to that with us because I don't handle shots well and I don't think I will handle watching her get shots. I will let you know what her stats are then. Above are some recent pictures of the mini peanut.

14 comments:

Steve & Kim said...

Holy cow, she looks so different already! So cute. Her hair look red! I can't wait to see you guys in August!

Jer and Jules said...

She's still so teeny, but that's great she gained so much weight in so little time! She's changing so much already too! I've said it before and I'll say it again....I wish we lived closer so I could see you guys all the time!

Tori said...

She is too cute for words. Can I borrow her? I am so jealous of you J-money.

Chris and Tara said...

I love her Zoolander face. She is precious.

CC Moore said...

Jo she is beautiful. I am so excited for you and your new family. I am sure she will be as wonderful and darling as her sweet mom. Congrats

Rob and Dani said...

I can't believe she is already over 3 weeks old! You seem to be handling everything like a pro - it is probably because you have so many nieces and nephews. She is soooooooo cute!

Carrie said...

Wow, she's looks so much bigger already! She really is a cutie! I'm glad that you get to stay home too. I love being the one to see my baby grow. No one else runs for the camera. Good luck with the shots.

One mom said...

Congratulations! She is so cute - and tiny too. I hate taking my daughter to get shots! I know that they are a good thing, but it breaks my heart to have her trusting blue eyes staring at me while I have to pin her down as they give her the shot. Who knew you would have to be so brave when you became a mom?

The Bowes said...

cute pics! I love the "zoolander" face!

Jenna Paulsen said...

She is adorable Joanna! I only hope to see her in person one of these days. The "gas smiles" are always so cute. Just wait til she smiles at hearing mommy or daddy's voice!

I can't wait to have one of my own!

Ashlee Garn said...

I'm sure I'll be the same. I'll make T.Ray take our kids to get their shots! :) She's so cute. I couldn't believe how little she was when we saw her the other day. And YES, she is totally Zoolander. But I bet she rolls over to the left first :)

McGuire's said...

She is so cute! I'm glad things are going well. Sleep does come eventually, and that's a great day. I love your family picture, you all look great!

Grandma Sue said...

I love seeing the fun pictures of Makenna. When I was visiting family in Indiana, everyone was saying how adorable she is. I told them she looks like her Momma. Keep the pictures coming so I can keep updating my screensaver and desktop background. I'll be seeing you this weekend for Sunday dinner. Love you, Grandma Sue

Alisa said...

Thank you for the picture update! I love the one of your family as the blog heading. What a doll she is.