Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lake Powell 2008 (Camping Edition)

It was fun going to Lake Powell with my family. We camped this year which we have not done in ages. It was quite an adventure. My parents boat broke which almost forced my dad to go out into the middle of the lake and pull the plug, that is how fed up he was. He didn't he just ended up going and renting a boat for a couple of days. Our boat is getting old it is dead now. Our first two nights were perfect, good weather and not to noisy. The other two nights were horrible, the third night had obnoxious guys next to us partying and as soon as they quiet down a wind and sand storm blows in. Chris and I were sleeping in the back of our truck with no protection, so we were getting blasted. After helping with taking down shade canopies Chris and I decided to go to higher ground well that being we went to the Courtyard in Page at 3 in the morning and were able to get a room with my marriott discount. Not to bad, but I did feel bad about leaving my family back there in the storm. The next night we were prepared we put a tarp over the back and slept under it which was a little hot but not to bad. It was good we had this because it was a little windy and rainy that night, but no loud people that night thank goodness. Overall it was a fun trip and I enjoy it every year. Here are some pictures to see, sorry not a lot of us but of my nieces and nephews.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That souns like a blast! I still need to go to Lake Powell.

Grandma Sue said...

Howdy Jo-anna,
Sounds like you guys had a fun family vacation. I love Lake Powell, I'm envious. Although I wouldn't want to be in a sand storm - Icky! Working at Marriott has its perks getting a room for the night. Awesome. I'm glad you guys are back safe and sound. See you on Sunday. xoxo, MomSue

Chris and Tara said...

We feel your pain on the obnoxious neighbors. We had that problem at Flaming Gorge one 4th of July. When we asked them to please quiet down they said "we've been planning this for months". As though we had just thought of camping that morning. Jerks. . .

Stacy and Justin said...

Seriously sounds like a trip that you will never forget. I have been to Lake Powell once and I loved it!

Shauna said...

So sorry to hear about the Green Machine. I am glad you had fun!

Tiffany said...

I love that you guys were sleeping in the bed of your truck... Im glad it didn't rain! ;-) Feel free to stop by anytime!!! I don't work anymore- so anytime is usually a good time :)

Jer and Jules said...

Sounds like a lot of craziness, but we're glad you had a good time anyway. Good thing you have that discount to help out with random situations!

The Whitney's said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I want to go back there it look really pretty

Stephenson and Katie said...

How fun!! You better believe I would of been in a hotel EVERY night :) I have not seen you FOREVER! Maybe cause you guys are gone doing fun stuff all the time!

Alisa said...

Joanna, that looks like so much fun! I love boating, it has to be one of the best joys of summer. Haven't heard from you in a while... how are things?

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/7-jenis-kura-kura-peliharaan-pilih-yang-mana/